- Demonstrator at the Department of Physiology at Pandit Bhagwat Dayal Sharma Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences (PGIMS)
- Pro to the question "Should People Become Vegetarian?"
“A growing body of scientific evidence indicates that wholesome vegetarian diets offer distinct advantages compared to diets containing meat and other foods of animal origin…
It has been shown that properly applied vegetarian diet is the most effective way of reducing body mass (expressed as BMI), improving the plasma lipid profile and in decreasing the incidence of high arterial blood pressure, cardiovascular disease, stroke, metabolic syndrome and arteriosclerosis. In addition, improved insulin sensitivity together with lower rates of diabetes and cancer has been observed… on balance it can be reasonably concluded that the beneficial effects of a vegetarian diet significantly, by far, outweigh the adverse ones.”
“Vegetarian Diets: Health Benefits and Associated Risks,” International Archives of Integrated Medicine, Mar. 2015
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Demonstrator, Department of Physiology, Pandit Bhagwat Dayal Sharma Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences (PGIMS)
- Junior Resident, Department of Physiology, PGIMS
- None found
- None found
- Quoted in:
- Pro & Con Quotes: Should People Become Vegetarian?